TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) Program
The TYE program is a series of structured workshops for high school students where the students learn how to come up with a good business idea and build a plan around it. Participants are mentored in teams by our Charter Members, culminating in a formal presentation of their idea and plan to a panel of experienced entrepreneurs.
THE 2020 MELBOURNE TYE PROGRAM
The TiE Young Entrepreneurs program is aimed at school age students from year 8 to year 11 within Victoria.
The program is designed as a team event, however individual participants are also encouraged. The program focus is to take a good idea and turn it into a robust business plan that will be scrutinised by a panel of leading entrepreneurs at the completion of the program.
The teams are supported on this journey from idea to plan by a facilitated workshop program run over 10 weeks during August to October 2020, plus access to a team mentor. The program aims to teach and expose the participants to the how to generate and identify good ideas, how to build a robust business plan around that idea and then how to present this to prospective investors.
Workshop #1 Ideation and Opportunity Recognition
Workshop #2 Business Plan at Depth – Sales and Marketing
Workshop #3 Business Plan at Depth – Pricing and Financials
Workshop #4 Presenting Powerfully
|Monday, 13th July||Applications Open|
|Sunday, 9 August||Applications Close|
|Tuesday, 11 August||Successful teams notified|
|Saturday, 15 August||Workshop #1 Ideation & Conscious Entrepreneurship|
|Wednesday, 19 August||Team session with Mentor #1 (via Zoom)|
|Saturday, 22 August||Workshop #2 Business Plan at Depth (Sales & Marketing)|
|Wednesday, 26 August||Team session with Mentor #2 (via Zoom)|
|Saturday, 29 August||Workshop #3 Business Plan at Depth (Accounting & Finance)|
|Wednesday, 2 September||Team session with Mentor #3 (via Zoom)|
|Saturday, 4 September||Workshop #4 Presenting Powerfully|
|Wednesday, 9 September||Team session with Mentor #4 (via Zoom)|
|Saturday, 19 September||TYE Melbourne Finale|
WHY GET INVOLVED?
- TYE is a hands-on experiential program that allows teams to work through the process of turning a great idea into a business plan others may consider an investment opportunity.
- It inspires creativity, collaboration and planning.
- It exposes teams to different ways of thinking through access to industry innovators and entrepreneurs.
- The winning team has the opportunity to pitch their business plan to entrepreneurs in the USA.
- Great networking opportunity to meet other dynamic students
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply by filling out this form:
There is no registration fee. However, successful applicants will have to pay program fee of $100 each. Your program fee will also come with a year long membership of TiE Melbourne. Payment instructions will be provided to shortlisted applicants on 4 August 2020.
- The winning team will receive $1500 Prize Money.
- The Winning Team will also have the opportunity to represent TiE Melbourne in the Global Leg of the Program in July 2021