The TYE program is a series of structured workshops for high school students where the students learn how to come up with a good business idea and build a plan around it. Participants are mentored in teams by our Charter Members, culminating in a formal presentation of their idea and plan to a panel of experienced entrepreneurs. The winning team gets an all-expenses paid trip to pitch at the global TYE finale (the winning team from 2018 is going to the USA).
THE 2019 MELBOURNE TYE PROGRAM
The TiE Young Entrepreneurs program is aimed at school age students from year 8 to year 11 within Victoria.
The program is designed as a team event, however individual participants are also encouraged. The program focus is to take a good idea and turn it into a robust business plan that will be scrutinised by a panel of leading entrepreneurs at the completion of the program.
The teams are supported on this journey from idea to plan by a facilitated workshop program run over 8 weeks during late July and August 2019, plus access to a team mentor. The program aims to teach and expose the participants to the how to generate and identify good ideas, how to build a robust business plan around that idea and then how to present this to prospective investors.
- Workshop #1 Ideation and Opportunity Recognition
- Workshop #2 Business Plan at Depth – Sales and Marketing
- Workshop #3 Business Plan at Depth – Pricing and Financials
- Workshop #4 Presenting Powerfully
Key dates for the 2019 TYE Program are:
|Sunday, 9 June||Applications Close|
|Sunday, 16 June||Successful teams notified|
|Saturday, 20 July||Workshop #1 Ideation and Opportunity Recognition|
|Wednesday, 24 July||Team session with Mentor #1 (via Skype)|
|Saturday, 27 July||Workshop #2 Business Plan at Depth (Sales & Marketing)|
|Wednesday, 31 July||Team session with Mentor #2 (via Skype)|
|Saturday, 3 August||Workshop #3 Business Plan at Depth (Pricing & Financials)|
|Wednesday, 7 August||Team session with Mentor #3 (via Skype)|
|Saturday, 10 August||Workshop #4 Powerful presentation skill|
|Wednesday, 14 August||Team session with Mentor #4 (via Skype)|
|Saturday, 17 August||Presentation Finals|
WHY GET INVOLVED?
- TYE is a hands-on experiential program that allows teams to work through the process of turning a great idea into a business plan which others may consider an investment opportunity.
- It inspires creativity, collaboration and planning.
- It exposes teams to different ways of thinking through access to industry innovators and entrepreneurs.
- The winning team has the opportunity to pitch their business plan to entrepreneurs in the Global finals event.
- Great networking opportunity to meet other dynamic students.
HOW TO APPLY
There is no registration fee. However, successful applicants will have to pay program fee of $100 each. Payment instructions will be provided to shortlisted applicants on 16 June 2019.
The team judged to have presented the most robust and commercially sound business plan, as evaluated by the TYE Program panel of entrepreneurs and industry experts, will win a trip for the whole team to the country where the global finals is scheduled to take place to present their business plan at the TiE Young Entrepreneurs Global Finals. The prize includes:
- Return flights from Australia to the TiE Young Entrepreneurs Global Finals location and domestic flights within the foreign country.
- Accommodation and Breakfast.
- Transport to and from the TiE Chapter Meeting.